A little curiosity and creativity can go a long way to boost support and goodwill for your community projects. To bring your project to life in local K-12 schools, we develop hands-on lessons about your project and the associated careers. Project team members join us to teach lessons in the classroom and in the field. Students become project ambassadors, generating awareness by connecting their families and others to your work. At public events, student presentations generate positive publicity and increase turnout. Students have created benches, bird houses, bat boxes, and art installations that have become permanent project fixtures and enduring symbols of their involvement. LCA has educated over 5,000 students throughout Oregon about built environment projects.
The school-based outreach program led by LCA transformed the design and construction of the new Sellwood Bridge into a relevant learning opportunity for over 2000 K-12 students, while engaging their communities in the project and generating excellent media coverage.
Our School-Based Outreach Program is customized for each project. We provide:
- Inclusive outreach to hard-to-reach segments of the community
- Real-world learning experiences including the opportunity to make lasting contributions to your projects
- Competitive edge to distinguish your firm as a civic asset
- Positive media coverage through stories about the program
- Student career exposure to a range of occupations in your industry
- Increased attendance at project events