By educating people about sustainable practices, we help light bulbs go on in more ways than one. Efficient performance of even the greenest buildings depends on the behaviors of the people who live and work inside them. LCA’s Occupant Engagement program prepares people to be smart users of their buildings, maximizing the owners’ return on investment. We can lead orientations, conduct occupant surveys, and help people monitor their facility’s resource use. We help develop user guides and displays to advance understanding of the connection between behavior and building performance. Our program is particularly beneficial when used to enhance students’ education in conjunction with new and modernized schools. We are currently working with the students at Faubion School and their partners at Concordia University to develop a Green Building User’s Guide for the new Faubion school.
Lois and her staff have proven themselves as leaders in our community in terms of developing innovative approaches to engaging all community members – from 7 to 70… (LCA) adds value on many levels and has made my agency a better agency.
Our Occupant Engagement approach is customized for each project. It can help you:
- Save on utility bills and conserve energy, water, and other natural resources
- Improve building performance
- Keep occupants comfortable, knowing how to use their building’s lighting, climate, and other systems to meet their needs
- Achieve sustainability goals and earn green certifications
- Position your building as a model of environmental stewardship
- Teach occupants about sustainable lifestyle habits